Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Movies and being sick

On Sunday we went to the movie theater and saw Blood Diamond (good flick by the way), but over here they have different movie theater experiences. For about 450 Baht, or around 10 -12 dollars, we opted for the VIP movie experience. The seats recline, the arm rests are huge and have multiple cup holders, and they provide you with a blanket (although mine was taken by some European tourist). Also the seats are set up into six seats per row, but there is an aisle every two seats, so there is plenty of room, unless you are tall. Every time the person in front of me reclined/moved, the seat would hit my knees. This was not the worst part though. The problem of the evening was that I was not feeling well. I sat through the movie, which is close to two and a half hours in length and felt like any movement and I would lose it. After the movie, we made our way to the sky train to go home and that is where I did lose it (my dinner that is). I threw up right outside the train and that was just the beginning. Te next four-five hours I spent throwing up and not feeling very well. This is the second time in two weeks that I had been sick. So let me recap some of the memories so far-- 1.) The first night we almost get blown up. 2.) I almost drown at the beach 3.) I almost get attacked by a monkey 4.) I have been sick twice. 5.) I am afraid of the food, so get this... I have lost ten pounds in two weeks. 6.) Today I have no energy and feel as if I could fall asleep standing up at any moment. Other than that things are just splendid!

No comments: